Who all remembers Lauren Conrad’s bang braid that was born a few years ago? This braided-DO was buzzing everywhere. Everywhere you saw Lauren she was rocking this bang braid- she dressed it up and down. I must say of all the bang braids I’ve seen she still holds the title for the most chic. Lauren has now created a new braid, that works with any hair type- short, long,thin, thick, curly, or straight. Here’s a tip from The Beauty Department : Think of it as a french braid, but you only add in new hair from one side (the top). Follow these steps and be patient- you can do it!
- we like to part slightly off-center for this. on the heavier side, grab a section at your hairline. split it into three.
- start it just like you would a regular french braid.
- next add in a piece of hair from the top, still like a regular french braid.
- now skip the part where you’d grab a new piece from the bottom + keep braiding instead.
- then take another piece from the top + add it in.
- continue with this pattern until you have 5-7 sections added in.
- once you’re just past the ear, stop adding in new hair. Just do a regular braid + tie it off with a clear elastic like Lauren’s in the top picture.
I can’t wait to try this out, what do you think?
Visit here for more The Beauty Department: Your Daily Dose of Pretty. – page 9.