I am introducing to my readers the latest addition to Short is the New Black: What’s in her bag? to inform you, my readers, what other beauty-addicts swear by and splurge on. This will be an ongoing feature and each month, there will be someone new picked to share their beauty secrets & to get an up close and personal look inside their makeup bag.
My first What’s in her bag? features a Chic-ago based fashionista who swears by her Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.
Meet Chicago’s latest fashion blogger- Danielle (Chic Secret) and her purple snake-skin makeup bag loaded with Nars, Chanel, Makeup Forever, and many more of the top names in beauty. Danielle is a fashion guru and a makeup junkie and she is telling it all in this first edition of: What’s in her bag?
Here’s what’s inside her bag:
1. Purple snake skin make-up bag gifted to me from Grams because I am currently loving everything snake skin.
2. Chanel Mat Lumiere. Color: #50 Natural; My skin feels so soft with this foundation.
3. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Color: Fawn; I don’t wear foundation every day, so this is a great alternative for light coverage.
4. Tarte Lip Surgence. Colors left to right: Flashy, Dazzled, Swank; Can. Not. Get. Enough. Lip Surgence is a mix between chap stick and lip stick. I interchange these three colors and even do color blocking on my lips with them. Ob-sessed.
5. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish. Color: Soft and Gentle; I wear a little of this on my cheek bones, and the minerals catch the light perfectly. People ALWAYS ask what I am wearing.
6. Chanel Natural Fresh Pressed Powder. Color: #40 Dore; Translucent 3. (it’s closed Chanel compact standing up). I have oily skin, so I keep this compact in my purse for touch ups during the day. It blots the oil and gives me back a little color that the oil took off.
7. Nars blush. Color: Dolce Vita. (open blush compact on the right); when I found this color, I literally had a minor panic attack. I used to tan quite a bit in college, and I could never find a blush that stood out enough on my cheeks because I was so dark. I stopped tanning, but cannot seem to let go of this color. Whenever I go out, my friends make me bring this compact to color their cheeks. Dolce Vita honestly looks great on everyone I’ve tried it on.
8. Mac Studio Finish Concealer. Color: NC20. (standing on its side in front of Chanel compact.); I use this under my eyes and my inner eye to brighten me up on the days I don’t get a lot of sleep.
9. Dior Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadow. Color: #026 Chrome; Another must-have. I love brightening my inner eye. When I do a smokey eye, I put this smooth, silky silver on my inner eye. It’s perfection.
10. Chanel Powder Blush. Color: #48 Enchanteresse; I love this Chanel color when I don’t want a drastic cheek. It gives me color, but doesn’t over power my face.
11. Mac Fluidline Eyeliner. Color: Blacktrack; To make my eyes stand out, I put this gel liner in my tear line. It really makes my eyes pop. And, it stays on for-ev-er.
12. L’Oreal Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen. Color: #680 Blackest Black; I have literally tried every mascara out there. This is my favorite. The product is creamy and thick and washes off without makeup remover. Since my every day make-up routine consists of three coats of mascara, I love that I can buy this mascara for under $10.
What’s your favorite beauty product of all time?
I am big into mascara. I have to have an amazing, thick, creamy mascara at ALL times. I have tried pretty much every mascara and usually mix mascaras–using one for length and one for thickness.
If you had to pick three key beauty items what would they be?
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.
2. Nars Dolce Vita blush
3. L’Oreal extra-collagen mascara.
Who is your beauty inspiration?
I’m all about Blake Lively. She has amazing skin that is never too tan or too pale. She uses eye brightening products all the time, which I’m obsessed with. Plus, she never over-does her look–she can wear a lot of make-up while still looking naturally beautiful.
What was your biggest beauty no-no (come on, we all have had them)?
Self tanner over load….I definitely had an orange phase in high school. It wasn’t pretty.
Guys want to know: How much do you really spend on makeup?
I can’t even answer this question because I purposefully don’t keep track of what I spend. The answer would give me anxiety… moving on!
• When did you first start wearing makeup?
My mom never let me wear make-up before high school. In high school, I literally stuck to mascara and eye liner. When I was in college, I finally started wearing foundation, blush and eye shadow. In the past year, I have been obsessing over different shades of blushes, eye brightening products, and colored lips–something I never used to wear!
• What has been your biggest beauty splurge?
FACIALS!! I used to go every week….I finally had to cut myself off.
*If you know someone that you would like to nominate for their OBPD (obsessive beauty product disorder) – please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org*