So if you don’t know by now, I loooooove Bobbi Brown. Not only do I love her makeup, I love her philosophy and outlook on life. She inspires me to not only be a better makeup artist, but a business woman, and person. “I believe that beauty comes in all ages, colors, shapes and sizes,” says Bobbi. “It’s not about looking like someone else or trying to be someone you’re not. It’s about figuring out what works for you.”
In celebration of my 100th blog post, I have three VERY important announcements below.
1) With the launch of Bobbi Brown’s continuous, “Pretty Powerful” Campaign, she will be releasing her seventh book dedicated to the “Pretty Powerful” women she has met along her journey. The best part, aside from a new book, is that Bobbi Brown will be making a personal appearance at the Nordstrom Michigan Avenue on Tuesday, October 2. She will be launching her new book and will be on location to meet her Pretty Powerful fans!
2) Bobbi’s personal appearance will be a makeup event at the Bobbi Brown counter at Nordstrom Michigan Avenue (so plan to be there)! It is every makeup artist’s dream to work with Bobbi Brown and I was chosen to be one of the makeup artists for the big day! This is a very big personal accomplishment and I am so flattered and excited to be a part of this celebration!
3) Now for the best part of this blog post- in CELEBRATION of my 100th blog post and my big Bobbi accomplishment, I am giving away, two of some of my favorite Bobbi Brown products.
1) Bobbi Brown – Makeup Manual: Bobbi’s inspiration: ‘I wanted this book to serve as a complete reference guide for everyone who wants to know about beauty and makeup. It’s filled with complete step-by-step lessons, industry tips and beautiful pictures.’ This is the book that all women have been waiting for—Bobbi’s 25-plus years of makeup-artist experience distilled into one complete volume. With over 200 full-color photos and step-by-step instructions including a Ten Step Guide to Perfect Makeup that teaches you how to apply your makeup in ten minutes or less, this book shows you how to put on makeup like a pro.
2) Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base (FULL SIZE!!!!): This oil-free moisturizer creates the perfect base for flawless makeup application. Helps minimize the look of fine lines. Shea butter hydrates, softens and cushions skin. Grapefruit and geranium fragrances lightly scent skin. With daily use, skin looks and feels its best.
1) Follow @IsTheNew_Black on Twitter
2) Like ShortIsTheNewBlack on Facebook
3) Tweet “I’m loving the 100th blog post giveaway by @IsTheNew_Black http://wp.me/p1XLFC-hZ”
4) Leave a comment with your email and one tip you hope to learn from Bobbi’s Makeup Manual
Giveaway ends Tuesday, August 20 at midnight!